We are SO very lucky these days. We have all this amazing technology right at our finger tips. It never leaves our side. Yes, there are times when this all access technology overload can be a bit taxing. However, for the most part, it is such a fantastic tool.
I have recently downloaded two super great applications to help me with my health and fitness goals. The first one is couch to 5 K. (http://www.c25k.com/) This application is a 2 month plan to get you from the couch to running a full 5 k. It eases you into running and makes it SO fun to do so. There are sound notifications that tell you when you are supposed to switch from walking to running, or when you need to cool down, etc etc. It actually stops your music momentarily to do this. It's freaking great. I just started it today but since I have been working out so hard I knew that week one would be way too easy. I jumped right to week 3 day one and I actually did week 3 days one and two as one workout this morning. It was fantastic and I felt so accomplished afterwards. I will do days 3 and 4 tomorrow. Can't wait!!
The other application that I downloaded is mynetdiary.com. It's a food diary\journal wherein you tell the app what your goals are and it tells you how much you should be eating per day to achieve that. It also calculates the calories of what you are eating, what you are burning in exercise, etc. You can even scan bar codes! It's wonderful. Go get it!!!!!!
These things just make the quest for better health and fitness even MORE fun to work towards. I was carrying an actual journal in my purse, now I can throw that old thing away and just use my phone! Wheeeee!!
:)
Lovin' it!
No comments:
Post a Comment