Kids like to hang out here. Not sure why, but they gather here often. The boys play air hockey or pool, sometimes the Wii. The girls play dress up and teacher, and "hey, let's bother the boys"!! Meanwhile Percy and Lola are wrestling, running, barking at each other, running across the hardwood floors.
Yes, it is MAYHEM.
I think I am starting to understand why mom's and dad's sometimes get "empty nest" syndrome when their kids move out. I imagine that the silence in that situation is probably deafening. Deafening silence. Yes. The thing is, kids get noisier as they get older. They have louder voices, they have stronger opinions, they have bigger feet to stomp with, they also have more friends to hang out with. Kids bring so much sound and so much life into a home.
There are moments when I feel a little overwhelmed by the chaos and I have to kick everyone outside. I am not lying! Today we were lucky to have a nice, sunny evening whem the kids got home. They ran and played hide and seek and Lola chased them around the yard for hours. I love when they can play outside like that.
I love these two little boogers.....
On another note.....
Working out and weight loss is still going well. I am still on track and feeling really great about myself. My body is changing and I am loving it. It's a journey that I am really enjoying taking because so many friends are right there with me. It's pretty awesome. I love working out in my Packer shirts. I mean--they won the SUPERBOWL, right? If they can do that, I can do anything!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment