Monday, March 21, 2011

Home is Happiness.

I love my home.  We have lived here in this house since December of 2006.  When we moved in, Lily was small enough to take a bath in our new kitchen sink.  She took her first steps here, Aidan lost his first teeth here, they got their first dog here, they learned to ride bikes here.  This house is very special to me. The thing about a house is that it is NEVER done.  There are always little improvements you want to do to a home.  Always little changed you want to make. 

We recently got one of our projects completed and the upstairs hallway and loft area are FINALLY painted.  They were stark white walls before, and I was just not having that.  They were depressing looking!  We just got the same neutral color that we have going up the stairs but it makes such a HUGE difference.  Best part?  I got to frame some of the kids artwork that I had SAVED and I put it up on the walls up there.  I decoupaged some of it to give it a different look, but I like the way it turned out!!



The painter also put LARGE chalkboards in each of the kids' rooms for me.  They LOVE it.  It's so FUN to be able to write on the walls!!


I also used one of the giftcards I had gotten for Christmas to buy some new bedding for our room.  It's Spring, why not get a fresh new look??  I just LOVE it so much.  The blues go really great with our silvery walls. 





It was such a  great, productive weekend!  I wish it didn't have to end!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment