Lilies. I love my lilies. Lilies are such a hearty, strong flower. No matter what happens, they WILL rise from the soil every year. They may look weak and unhappy near the end of their season, but never fear--they will rise again!! I named my daughter "Lily" for a reason. Lilies are beautiful, but so very strong.
That leads me to Lily Hamilton. She had to get her kindergarten shots this week. She had been warned by her friend that she would be getting them. We had discussed it a good bit and I played down the whole thing pretty well, but I was also honest with her. When she asked if they would hurt, I believe I used the terms "burn, and pinch" to describe the probable sensation. I was expecting protest when we got to the doctor, or an overall fear to enter the exam room. The child did none of the sort. This is her waiting for the doc to come in:
I can't describe her as "giddy"--but pretty darn unfazed is
pretty fair. When the nurse came in to give her the 2 shots in her legs, she willingly offered up her legs, did not even blink, and did not shed a tear. Afterwards stating: "wow, that didn't even hurt."
Later on....she rode her new birthday bike for the first time......
Tough as nails, she is. Tough--as a Lily.
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment