Saturday, March 5, 2011

Up at Dawn

So, it's like 5:50 am on a Saturday.  I have been up for an hour and a half now.  I have a puppy, her name is Lola.  She likes to wake up at 4:15 and  PARTY like it's 1999.  Then she poops out and goes back to sleep at 6:00 am, but I fare not so well.  I can't go back to sleep, shoot.  I have to work this morning anyway and I go to the gym before that.  So here I sit, waiting for the gym to open.  Kind of funny, isn't it?  :)

Yesterday it rained ALL day.  It was early 40 degrees.  There was THUNDER and LIGHTENING!  I thought that perhaps spring was really here.  Then this morning, I wake up to a blanket of snow.  Not a super thick blanket, but a blanket just the same.  I am pretending not to notice though.  I am thinking happy thoughts of sunshine and warmer temps.  It is March, so it is time for Spring.  BRING IT mom nature.

I am excited for Spring.  I love when the evenings are longer and the kids gather in our yard and run around screeching, riding their bikes, chasing one another.  It's a calming sort of chaos.  Those evenings I usually sit outside and read a book while they play. It's lovely.  I can't wait! 

I think I am excited for a lot of things right now....let's see:

  • SUMMER VACATIONS:  I know we are going to do a little road trip up north this summer, and Lily and I are planning a girls trip to visit my friend, Tammis in Colorado.  FUN
  • My new pantry.  We are going to order that VERY soon.  Will really complete the kitchen and give us SO much storage space.  GIDDY.
  • Swim lessons and the pool opening:  I am so excited for the pool to open for the summer and for Lily to start her swim lessons.  I love taking the kids to the outdoor pool in the summer, it is just so nice.
  • Kindergarten: my baby girl starts kindergarten next fall.  I am so excited for her.  She is so very bright.  I know that being in big kid school will be such a great adventure for her and such a chance for her to tap into her creativity. 
  • Disney.  We are planning Disney at Christmas.  AHHHHHHHH!  Can't wait.  This could turn into a beach vacation somewhere instead, but we shall see.

Savor the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment