If you are truly being a stay at home mom, you are choosing to be a home MAKER. Making the home is actually quite hard work. You are the front line person there for your kids at all time, you are the one cleaning and cooking and grocery shopping, running errands, doing homework, taking the kids to their activities, etc. etc. It is not a passive choice of work, by any means. If you take it seriously and believe in it as your true work---you work harder than you did when you were at a paying job. Without a doubt.
I am one who takes this seriously. I have the week scheduled on my dry erase board. Chores and activities listed out so I can't forget what I need to take care of throughout the week. I have researched what free activities are available in town, and am ready to get the kids involved. I have volunteering opportunities set up as well. This is a life choice, and it is one that makes a difference in my life, and the lives of my kids. I take it seriously because it is IMPORTANT.
Part of my transition has involved cleaning and reorganizing my "office". My home is now my true domain so I wanted to do some purging and re-organizing this weekend to make it the most efficient domain possible. We had tossed around the idea of getting a pantry installed for extra storage. When we priced it out, it was roughly $1000 to do a pantry with our current type of cabinets. Pantries are cool, don't get me wrong, but I can think of SO many better ways to spend $1000. Hence, I found what I think it a much more modern, fun, way to add extra storage and it only cost $59.
The thing I like about this is that I am able to display my cute canisters, have my bar ware out and displayed, and have easy access to the other appliances I have on the shelves. This actually freed up two FULL cabinets. It's a wonderful, inexpensive way to add some storage. It really only works if you have some extra wall space, which we do. Actually made my kitchen feel BIGGER if you can believe that.
Also did a little shelf in the bathroom. Again, freed up a lot of cabinet space in the bathroom and made it easier for the kids to locate TOILET paper!! :)
These are little things, but they make me happy!!
This past weekend we celebrated Addie and Grace's fifth birthday. Gosh how time flies. I SO love watching the 3 girls growing up together. They just love each other so much. It's awesome. Almost like they are all sisters.
Beauties!
:)







It looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see it in person. And yes, you are right...your days will be actually 'fuller' with home life and busyness then they were before when you worked outside of the home too...I can only imagine the smiles you'll be sharing...and the jobs that will appear for you to have fun with. Cheers to you and your new full time...job WITHIN the home!! :) xoxo
ReplyDelete