Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Excuse me...

I am out of control with the home\re-decorating\cleaning and organizing posts.  It's just that I am HOME.  I have the time, and the ENERGY to do these little projects that make my home even better!!!  It's so fantastic I can barely stand it! 

So today, we went to Target.  You know Target, right?  It's that magical mecca where all your dreams can come true because 1.) everything is relatively inexpensive, and 2.) almost everything is pretty!!  :)  Today our goal was to get the loft area upstairs into some sort of order.  I HATE clutter.  No, really, I can't stand for things to just be sitting around with no purpose.  I like my house in order.  It's my HOME.  It's a special place to me.  I want it to feel that way to anyone who may enter.  So the loft upstairs is mostly the kids' domain.  The upstairs has their bedrooms, a bathroom, and the loft.  The kids have free reign up there so I want it to be as cheerful and fun as possible.  We have the chalkboards on the walls, and then their toys are up there.  I like it to still look neat though.  I like it to be such that when they clean up, they know where to put everything and can get it back to the peaceful place it was before they started.  I found these closet maid shelf storage things.  They are CUTE and they have these colorful fabric drawers you can put in:




Lily's framed artwork:




Artwork from both kids line the main hallway upstairs....






It's fun being a homeowner, but "they" are right when they say that "a home is never done".  We have lived here since December of 2006 and still....it is a work in progress!!  I LOVE this work though, let me tell ya!

:)

1 comment:

  1. looks awesome! And yes, you're right, the 'work' is never done. I think when we bought our house the quote from you was, "now You'll never be bored again..projects up the wazoo"....and I'm still smiling thinking of that. Glad things are coming together and so happy for you!! xo!

    ReplyDelete