I was initially concerned about the drive down because since Jason had already been down there for business, I was driving down alone with the kids. I was caravaning with Misti and Matt, but still, I was driving the whole time. Turns out, this was a piece of cake. My kids were fantastic. They watched movies, played video games, never complained. In fact, they hardly made a peep. I had to check in on them periodically to make sure they were still in the car with me! :)
Heading out:
Heading into Asheville area--just gorgeous
We stayed in Asheville for the first couple of nights. Asheville is beautiful. I could move there in a heartbeat. The green mountains, the fun, quirky, city. Really nice. We had a ball "camping" there. We stayed in cabins for those first two nights. Misti was roughing it more than she ever has, and I think she liked it!
Campground has a pool!
:)
Downtown Asheville
Swinging on our cabin's porch swing
Misti and I up on Mt. Pisgah. Driving up there was terrifying, but the view was worth it!
Aidan on Mt. Pisgah!
lily!
Reflection falls....Aidan had to pee here. See next picture. There were no bathrooms to be found. So, yes, he sat in the reflection pool. Kind of funny to see their faces.
Then it was on to Hilton Head. Gosh, I love that place. The ocean, the sand, the warm sun. It is beautiful. We had such a relaxing, lovely, time. Ready to go back!! As you can see, we spent 98% of our time in the pool. There were 3 to choose from, so it was fabulous.
On the beach at night.....
My love, in his Jimmy Buffet like shirt, and I.
Our last stop was Nashville. We wanted to take the kids to see where we got married. Opryland suffered severe damage in the Nashville floods. You wouldn't know it though, it was just as beautiful as we remembered. Coolest thing was that there was a wedding going on, right in the same spot where we were married. Made me even more nostalgic! Was nice to share that with the kids.
Cascades....inside Opryland. So gorgeous!
Getting their country on....
Kids and I in front of the fun water fountain
Aidan was mesmerized!
That gazebo in the background is where we got married. Couldn't get any closer because the wedding party hadn't cleared out.
Our family.....started here. :)
:)
Vacation=Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment