Friday, February 4, 2011

Shrinking Violet......

By some miracle, I managed to lose another 1.5 pounds this month.  It truly is a miracle seeing as how I went on vacation this month, then I had football shin digs every weekend that included consumption of much alcohol and crescent roll wrapped foods!!  Don’t get me wrong, wrapping things in crescent rolls is true brilliance, but it is certainly NOT figure friendly.
I have to give the credit for this weight loss miracle to my recent workout adjustments.  I literally have begun training to run that 5k, and taking heavy duty workout classes, using the elliptical, zumba, etc.  I decided to “shake up” my body, CHALLENGE it.  If not for that, I probably would have gained weight this month with all the dang fun I am having!!  Fun is high in calories, people.  For real!!  J
Either way, I am more than happy with how far I have come since September.  I look back on how utterly in shape I was back in college.  I was SO in shape, yet I always felt like the fattest girl in the room.  I guess that technically I was the fattest girl in the room as the girls I hung out with were tiny little things.  However,   I barely ate and I worked out for hours on end.  I was as thin as I could get.  We gals get such a distorted image of how we “should” look.  It’s a shame.  I didn’t appreciate how HOT I was!  I do now though, that is for sure!  I was HOT HOT HOT!!  J
My goal this time around is certainly not to get back to my college shape because let’s face it, I am 37 years old (almost).  I just want to be the best version of me.  I want to feel as sexy as my sweet husband thinks I am.  I want to look at myself and see what he sees.   I want to be a runner again.  I want to run the 5K and keep on going.  I want to be as healthy as I can, and still enjoy life as I do. 

1 comment:

  1. You will run the 5k. You are the most positive person I know and that alone will get you there!!

    ReplyDelete