Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slap your mama Southern Style Coconut Cake....

My sweet husband LOVES coconut cake.  It is something that he and his Grandad had in common.  There was a lady in South Carolina that made them this amazingly moist and fabulous coconut cake and quite frankly it is the one "sweet" that I have seen him go crazy about! 

Hence, for Valentine's Day, I thought it would be a great gift to make him a homemade coconut cake that would rival his beloved South Carolina born one.  Of course, all good recipes start with a google search, right?  I googled "Southern Style Coconut Cake".  There were quite a few results and I filtered through them.  I was being picky because I wanted a special recipe.  One that was unique, flavorful, moist, FABULOUS.  I found that recipe.  It was a little bit labor intensive in that the frosting required more steps than most frostings I have encountered but the smooth texture and perfect flavor of the frosting made it worthwhile! 

Check it out....  http://tendercrumb.blogspot.com/2009/02/southern-coconut-cake-cake-slice.html

Hers is prettier than mine, but, that's ok.



You must make this recipe.  It is AMAZING.  Lily was eating it and she didn't even think she liked coconut and she yelled "MOM, THIS IS THE BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER HAD!  I CANNOT STOP EATING IT!"  Picture her 4 year old self with her grand-gesturing arms.  Pretty funny stuff.   The sugar hight she had afterwards resulted in a beautiful and hilarious dance show as well-BONUS. 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment