Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday is the best day

I love Sundays.  Some may look at Sunday as the "end" of the weekend.  To me, it is just the most relaxing day of the week.  You kick back, you cook food, you watch football, you go for a stroll.  You relish the day.  That's Sunday to me.  Perfection!

In order to make sure Sunday turns out to be the relaxing day it should be, one must make sure they take the appropriate steps on Saturday to make it happen.  For instance, yesterday I got all the cleaning done, laundry done and folded, grocery shopping done, etc. etc.  The best part of yesterday was nailing down exactly what I am cooking for Thanksgiving.  My sister has to work A LOT around Thanksgiving, so the meal is on me this year and I want it to be special and DELICIOUS!!  I am hoping this menu does not disappoint:

  • Deep Fried Turkey Breast
  • My grandma's yummy dressing
  • Sage-Gruyere potato gratin
  • Maple roasted sweet potatoes
  • Sauteed green beans with garlic chips and mint
  • Roasted zucchini and squash
  • Blueberry Pie
  • Apple Cherry Pie
  • Chocolate Pecan Pie
It'll be FAR too much for the 8 of us, especially since half of us are aged 7 and under.  I don't care though, I want to make a special meal.  It'll be nice.

So today, I woke up super thankful for:

  • My clean home.  I love this home so much, especially when it's all clean!!
  • Jason Hamilton.  Waking up all wrapped up in his arms is heaven to me. 

Have a peaceful Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment