Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sigh of Relief!!

I survived my preparation and serving of the Thanksgiving meal!  Hurray!  Not only that, but, I rather excelled at the whole thing.  The menu was fantastic, everyone LOVED it.  Made me so happy!!  I was so happy that it made me forget to take pictures.  OOps.  Even had the table all set, real cloth napkins, serving platters full of pretty food.  Not one picture.  Guess I am not as great a multi-tasker as I thought.  However, I must share that next time YOU need to cook a big meal you MUST try these recipes:

Walnut Sage-Gruyere Gratin: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/walnut-sage-gratin-recipe/index.html

Mapple Roasted Sweet Potatoes: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/maple-roasted-sweet-potatoes-recipe/index.html  These are TO DIE FOR.  I actually used sweet onions instead of shallots. I had to make extra onions because Misti and I could not stop eating them.  Go heave on the onions or shallots.  They are carmelized in maple syrup and they taste like heaven.  This recipe is MAGIC.

Pumpking Sage Gravy:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pumpkin-gravy-recipe/index.html  (I used turkey bacon in this and only 3 pieces, don't use a pound and a half--I think that is a typo)


These are 3 of the recipes that I used and I believe they will be staples in my life as they are divine.

Here are a couple cute pictures for ya.  Lily has been sneaking down to our room at night.  She knows she is supposed to stay in her own bed BUT....she ends up in Percy's bed instead:


Poor displaced boy......


So thankful that I only have 3 hours of work today and then can CHILL.  Going to decorate for Christmas and go look at some cabinets.....might be adding a little pantry in our kitchen.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment