Monday, November 8, 2010

Busy Weekend!!

We had such a busy weekend.  Whoooo-wheeeee!  :)  Aidan had his very first swim meet on Friday.  He swam SO well.  Got two 4th places and one second place!  We were so proud of him.  He was just so excited.  It was a bautiful thing to see.  Can't wait until he gets his ribbons at practice on Wednesday.  That will make his day! 
Here he is swimming his 25 backstroke(second place)!

Let's see, what else?  Oh, I changed up one of the walls in my living room.  I had the butterflies and mirrors on there, but mixed in these photos of the kids too.  I really like how it turned out.  For me, it is a VERY happy wall!

Had a gathering on Saturday.  Jason and I decided that the neighbors just need to get to know wach other better.  We took it upon ourselves to invite about 8 hoouses of neighbors over.  We only handed out the invites on Halloween, so we were not sure who would show.  Almost all of them did.  It was so much fun, people were lovely, we got to know people we had never met.  Everyone seemed really happy that we did it.  It was great.  I made white chicken chil and garlic crostini, pumpkin gooey butter cakes, had chips with homemade french onion dip, and some little cocktail weenies I doctored up.  Casual fall food.  Worked really well.  Good times...   THE FOOD:


Twas a lovely weekend for sure.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Look out, Michael Phelps! :)

    I have those round mirrors (target?), but I haven't found anywhere to put them in my house yet. They looked great in my old apartment though. My poor walls - I'm so fussy about what goes on them that most of them are bare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you send me some pumkin gooey butter cakes in the mail? they sound delicious. suz

    ReplyDelete