Monday, September 20, 2010

Camping Out


This weekend we decided to go camping.  When we camp, it is usually just one night as mama can't handle more than that.  I love to camp, but I also like to shower in a warm bathroom daily.  That cannot be done while camping. 

Anyhow, we drove just over an hour and a half north up to Cascade Wisconsin.  We camped at the Kettle Moraine State Park up there.  I have to say, the terrain was so beautiful there!  There were so many colors.  Not in the trees as much as in the grasses and brushes closer to the ground.  It was lovely.  We saw deer meandering around, some eagles.  Nice.


When it came time to sleep though...not good.  The kids had our new air mattress and each of them had a sleeping bag.  They slept great.  It was 48 degrees during the night and Lily was just wearing her princess nightgown.  She was totally fine.  Jason and I, on the other hand, had the mattress that does not hold air.  Also, we had a sheet and blanket as opposed to sleeping bags.  I WAS FREEZING.  Yes, the husband and I huddled together but, lying on the cold ground with just a blanket over you cannot even be conquered by spooning!!  So sad!  I thought spooning conquered all, I really did!  I didn't sleep at all until about 4:45 am when Aidan got up to go pee and I convinced him to get into bed with daddy so I could lie under Lily's sleeping bag with her.  Slept for a couple hours after that.  Not enough, but I was happy.



Went fishing yesterday morning.  Didn't catch anything but I got some beautiful pictures. 

Good times.  Would love to get in one more trip before it gets too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment