Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A month of FIRSTS!

September has been such a busy month already.  A month of many, many firsts.  We had Aidan's first day of second grade, Lily's first day of 4K then her first time riding a bus to school, Aidan's first swim team practice, our frist guinea pigs, first Milwaukee Brewers baseball game for me.  BUSY BUSY!!  It's been both exciting and somewhat sad all at the same time.  The kids are growing up on me.  Putting my baby girl on the bus for the first time felt so surreal.  I remember her being 5 pounds.  She curled up on my chest in a little ball and slept every night.  She had to, so she could stay warm.  Her tiny little soul took my breath away. Now she's independant, smart, sassy, so strong, so, so beautiful.  Still breathtaking, but in different ways. 

My Aidan.  My sweet, loveable boy.  Always so gentle and kind, and always wanting to please.  He went to second grade SO excited.  We walked him in and he saw several friends right off the bat.  He is becoming such a confident little fella.  Just started swim team last week.  I am so proud of him.  He tries SO hard.  He truly excels at swimming and I just love that.  There is not a better sport in the world for kids.  He is so eager to RACE.  Haha.  No racing yet for the littler kids, but it will come. 


Let's see, what else?  Arthur and Baxter, our first guinea pigs.  Oh my.  Guinea PIGS?  I wanted to get them for Aidan.  He LOVES small animals so much and his nurturing and kind nature is so suited to care for them.  Turns out, I love them too.  We all do.  They are such sweet little creatures.  They know that I bring them food so everytime I come upstairs and they see me, they squeak with delight.  It is really endearing.  They're awesome...and darn cute too.


(Arthur's the brown one, Baxter is black)


Almost done rambling, I promise.  Saturday we went to our first Brewers game.  Well, MY first, Jason's second.  The game was alright.  I mean, the environment of a baseball game is fun.  The people watching, the food and fun.  I enjoy all that.  The baseball itsself, eh.  Only one run was scored in our game, so the action was fairly light!!  Not like a football game.  It was fun hangin with our friends and with each other. We went to a dueling piano bar afterwards.  It was called Lucilles.  Oh goodness, was that a BLAST.  I laughed so much!!  One of the most fun places I have ever been too!!  Loved it!

 I am so blessed.  I chose to marry this incredible man. Our love hasn't faltered in 13 years together.  We  are approaching our 8 year wedding anniversary and still love each other so deeply and have a beautiful friendship to boot.  It's forever magical, and I have no words to express how thankful I am for this man of mine. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that picture of Lily with the guinea pigs is adorable!

    There's a dueling piano bar on Broadway called the Big Bang. I'd been wanting to go forever and we finally got around to it a few weeks ago. It was a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete