Tuesday, October 5, 2010

8 Years.....

Eight years ago today was my wedding day.  It was beautiful.  It was beautiful because it was candlelit and because I walked down an aisle of rose petals and because it was at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville.  However, to me, the reason it was so beautiful is because the love was palpable.  I think everyone there could feel what Jason and I were feeling.  It was powerful. 

I remember that when I got down the aisle to my betrothed that day he said "my gosh, you look like an angel".  He took my breath away.  I remember crying through my vows, crying through his.  We danced together during the ceremony...it was more than I ever could have asked for.

The true test of marriage is LIFE.  Real life.  Balancing kids and work and bills and wants and needs.  That's the test.  Do you still have love and passion and friendship after you wade through all that life throws at you?  That is the test. 

I am blessed with a true partner in life.  He and I navigate our path, and we love through all of it, and we kiss and we hold hands and we have passion for each other that surmounts anything that we ever had at the beginning.  We do"life" well.

I am so thankful that I cannot put it into words. 

Thank you, Jason for all the beauty. 





 This is US.

No comments:

Post a Comment