The first couple of nights we stayed in downtown Denver. I chilled, worked out, lunched with a dear old friend. Jason and I had dinner at said friend's home. I had not seen this friend for what I kept saying was 18 years but after I thought about it for a while, it may have actually been even longer than that. The beautiful thing about it was that we picked right back up like we had never left one another's side. We talked, we laughed, we looked at old yearbooks and all of her old photo albums. It was amazing!! Having that time with her and her family made the trip even more special.
Some pics of Tammis and I:
We also got to see MORE friends as a couple of my friends from college live in Colorado too. We met them at this perfect little restaurant and bar in a town called Louisville, Colorado. The town was SO cute. I kind of fell in love with it. For real. The girls came to dinner with their precious babies and it was just SO nice to see them. It was beautiful to see how happy they were. I thought about how much we worried over everything in college. We worried if we would be happy in life, we wondered if we would ever find true love. If only we would have had a crystal ball, right? Things would have been so much easier back then. I had such a great time seeing those two. Truly. They were so fun to be around when we were 20 and even more fun now! .....and then to top it off, THE PACKERS GAME WAS AMAZING that night!
Some more Colorado Pics:
Denver at night...
Driving between Denver and Boulder
......Taking it in
Dining "El Fresco" in Boulder. It was 60 degrees! So fun!!
Boulder is a fantastic little town!
This is the view from our hotel. The mountains are amazing!
....This is Copper Mountain where Jason skiied. Lucky for me, he skiied with Tammis's husband. Otherwise, I might have needed a stretcher!
Now we are back at work and back to real life. Not a bad thing. I am just SO antsy this week. We get our new baby, Lola on Saturday. I am a little giddy about that. She is so precious. I hope Percy loves her as much as we all do!!
Sunday--Packers-Bears NFC Championship. Gotta have a shin-dig for this occasion, right? Hell YES! Let's whoop it up!!
:)












No comments:
Post a Comment