Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Summer!!

Summer is finally here.  Days of poolside lounging, bike rides, picnics, and porch sittin'!!  So very excited!!  This school year has been so wonderful though.  My heart is overflowing with gratitude for my own children's successes, and also for the work I am blessed to do each day.  It is easy to get overwhelmed when you work with pre-teens on a daily basis, but it is also easy to find a lot of joy in the little successes.  I truly love my job!!  :)

A couple days ago, Jason asked me what I wanted to do for my FORTIETH birthday.  FORTY, you say?  Ummmmm, yes.  Apparently, that is my next birthday.  It is not for another  8 months, mind you, but it is coming!  When Jason asked me about this, my mind first went to Napa.  A romantic week of wine and bike rides through vineyards, and napping, and awesome dinners, and LOVE.  That does sound nice, but before I could actually formulate my answer, HE suggested HAWAII.  HAWAII??  For my FORTIETH?  My dream vacation, FOR MY FORTIETH??  Yes please.  I am there.  Take me, take me, take me.  Napa can wait!  I have a soft spot for tropical locales.  We are taking the kids to the Bahamas the last week of August.  We are all super excited about that trip, too.  I can't wait for my babies to experience swimming with dolphins like we did.  That blew my mind.  The most amazing thing I have ever done.   I know they will be in awe also. 

I love to travel.  Jason and I are committed to traveling more.  Italy is on our future for sure, and a camping adventure out west, and maybe Greece.....who knows!  The world is so full of amazing things to see and do.  Maybe it is my old age, but I find myself eager and curious.   The coolest thing is that there are so many awesome human beings in this world.  We get to interact, and learn from each other, and be inspired by one another's stories.  That is such a gift.  I think meeting all kinds of different people in other countries would be so fascinating.

Exciting stuff.  Life is full full full of promise promise promise.

Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment