Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Home in motion

As of December 2011 we have lived in our house for 5 years!  I can't believe it has been that long.  We were fortunate in that when we moved in, the house had been totally gutted.  It is a 100+ year old home, but it has brand new plumbing, electrical, roof, flooring, etc.  That was essential.  We did not want to buy a house and then have to put tons of cash into fixing it up!

Over the past couple of months I have been tweaking the decor a little bit here and there since we got new furniture.  That was a big deal, you know?  NON-hand-me-down furniture??  Wow.  Now I have to tweak the rest of the decor to go with that!  :)  

I took the rug out of the front room, and actually put the one from the back room in there.  Goes MUCH better with the sofas up there:





Then I decided to make the back seating room more casual, eclectic, etc.  It's colorful and fun.  I made the pillow covers, as I posted previously, then I got a fun striped rug from Pier One.  I like neutral furniture with pops of color.  That is the bottom line.  The color is happy!  Speaking of color, my grandma made me that afghan a LONG time ago.  I love it.  I feel like it deserves to be out!


I turn 38 this week.  Good grief, right?  I am just thankful to be here, you know?  Some people don't get to have 38.  I think each year we get is a gift.  So important to treasure our time!! 

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment